Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rat City Rollergirls Poster

Well, until Keith tells me to stop posting stuff, I'll keep trying to remember to put up these works in progress.

Been dying to post this latest piece off the drawing board. Got asked to do the Rat City Roller Girls poster awhile back. I finally got my copies of the screen printed poster last night at the bought. I didn't think they'd be that big. They ended up looking pretty good coming in at twenty four inches tall. Not too shabby.

They asked for a Tiki themed poster. Here's the b/w version above, done with pigmas.



After drawing all the little sketches below, I sketched up the rough sketch above.


Not sure if you can make heads or tales of all these little preliminary roughs, but that's pretty much where the initial poster ideas were worked out, before it went to the final colored stage. I'm a slut for art books and love seeing the early rough sketches, so I thought I'd post a few here. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Marvin Silva said...

that is awesome man