Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the genius of Lucky Rudy...

Keith asked me to re-post this killer look into Lucky Rudy's world which I originally posted over at the Global Art Jam blog, so here ya go everybody! Enjoy!

I've been following Lucky Rudy's work for well over a year or two now. I first saw it in an issue of Nash's Burnout magazine, where there was a Crowd of Hoods ad, and I instantly became a fan. Rudy's blog is in my top 10 Japanese artist blogs that I hit, virtually every day. His site encompasses things about Japanese greasy kulture that I love: rockabilly, psychobilly, skulls, zombies, horror movies, hot rods, punk, tattoos, and rock and roll. His amazingly hand-crafted figures and sculptures are out of this friggin' world. His clothing line, would make any rockabilly cat drool....

I was stoked when Rudy wrote me that he would dig being a part of the Global Art Jam.

One day when I meet Rudy, I want to check out his studio, which seems to be packed FULL of eye-candy. Collections of cool stuff that would keep someone busy looking for hours. I know when I get lucky enough to own a Rudy original, my house and my private collection of artwork will be much better with his work in it.

Check out his blog. Add him to your favorite's list.

He's on MySpace too.

And for now, enjoy just a SMALL glimpse of some of his amazing work...














No comments: