Sunday, November 04, 2007

Rabbit Redux

Keith asked me to post some of the pics I had from the BNB show that happened last month. This is the painting I did for the big group show that was up in the gallery. It was the painting I wanted to do for the "Year of the Rabbit", for the Zodiac show , over the summer. Just didn't have time back then to tackle it.


It was done on a 12"x24" masonite board. Some spray can action for the background above. After that, some loose acrylic brush strokes for background lights that will be added at the end.

This stage was the transfer of the art, followed by outlining the character with acrylic paint.
Below is a closer shot of the rabbit girl being painted. Wish I had more pics, but it was a whirlwind of painting to get done before I had to catch the plane and head out for the show.


I'll post some more pics from the show when I get a chance. Thanks again for checking out the posts!

-Aug


No comments: